Protecting your back is a lifelong endeavor. Our chiropractor in Greenwood Village, CO would love to empower you and all our local community members by teaching you ways to maintain and even improve your spinal health at any stage of life.
The Backbone of Your Health: 5 Ways to Improve Your Spinal Health
Preventing a health problem is well worth your time, energy, and peace of mind. To that end, here are five things you can do to prevent or manage your back issues:
- Stay active. This is probably the most important point when it comes to having a healthy spine. We need daily physical activity in order to maintain flexible and enduring muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints. Exercise has also been shown to promote better sleep and mental health, too, both of which have been shown to affect back pain.
- Eat a nutritious diet. Eating food that is high protein, good fats, and carbohydrates, and vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients support cellular repair, regrowth, and maintenance.
- Maintain a good body weight. Focusing on points 1 and 2 can help you achieve this point 3. Being a healthy weight prevents excess force and tension on your spine, thus reducing your risk of acute or chronic injuries.
- If you smoke, quit. If you don’t, don’t start! Smoking can impair blood flow and promote inflammation, among a myriad of other health problems, which can increase your risk of back pain and injury and prolong dysfunction.
- Consult with a chiropractor. Chatting with a doctor of chiropractic when you have back pain can help you identify the underlying cause and contributing factors to your injury and prevent your problem from becoming chronic. A chiropractor can even help you avoid injury by teaching you safer, more energy-efficient ways to move during work, sport, and daily life!
Call Genesis Wellness Clinic Today!
To schedule an appointment with a chiropractor near Denver Tech Center, call Genesis Wellness Clinic today at (720) 515-8002. As a new patient, you’ll be gifted with a free initial consultation as our thank you for your business.