Whiplash Treatment in Greenwood Village, CO
Whiplash is a common problem that people experience after having a car accident or a personal injury. At Genesis Wellness Clinic, we frequently help patients suffering from whiplash. Our experienced, knowledgeable chiropractor, Dr. Johnson, can identify whiplash and help patients starting with the first visit. Knowing what whiplash is, what causes whiplash to occur, and how chiropractic care can help is an important part of seeking treatment if you are involved in an accident.
Our Greenwood Village Chiropractor Explains What Whiplash Is
Whiplash is a condition also known as neck strain. Whiplash happens when a patient is involved in an incident wherein the head snaps forward and then backward, causing small tears in the muscles and ligaments in the neck. Many patients who experience whiplash can take a long time to realize they’ve been injured, because symptoms of whiplash can take days or even weeks to manifest itself. This can delay treatment for the patient and may lead to undue pain and hardship.
Common Symptoms of Whiplash
Symptoms of whiplash are varied. Some of the most common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Pain in the neck and back
- Muscle stiffness
- Limited range of motion
- Blurred vision
Treatment for Whiplash from Our Centennial, CO Chiropractor
Your auto accident chiropractor in Greenwood Village CO may use a variety of techniques to treat your whiplash. Below are some of the methods that our chiropractor Dr. Johnson will use to get you the treatment you need:
- Spinal adjustment. Our spinal adjustment techniques can help realign the vertebrae of the spine and heal areas where the spinal cord has become pinched. This reduces pain for the patient and helps improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body, thus leading to a faster healing process.
- Massage therapy. At Genesis Wellness Clinic, we use massage therapy to relax and loosen the muscles of the spine. Our massage therapy treatment helps reduce muscle stiffness and improve mobility.
- Stretches and exercises. We teach our patients which stretches and exercises that can help improve range of motion. We encourage patients to perform stretches and exercises at home, to help them heal more quickly.
- Lifestyle advice. Many patients can help treat their own whiplash by altering their behaviors. We teach patients how to adapt their habits to heal more quickly.
- Nutrition counseling. Our nutrition counseling services helps our patients maintain a healthy weight, so they can reduce the chances of further injury and improve their overall comfort.
Contact a Car Accident Chiropractor in Greenwood Village, CO
As your Greenwood Village chiropractor, Genesis Wellness Center is your source for treatment of neck pain, back pain and other whiplash-related problems. To find out more about getting chiropractic care from your whiplash at your Denver Tech Center chiropractor, cont